Next ASB meeting: December 20, 2005
* Public Hearing – Continuous Progress Model (Phases) Jan. 26,
2006 4 pm by video conference (3 minute per person limit
* Next LKSD Board Meeting – Jan. 27 & 28, 2006.
*ASB cluster meeting w/tundra villages Feb. 13, 2006 6:30-8:30 pm.
*Jr. Hi Basketball season has started again. The first games were
to have been Friday and Saturday, but the team didn’t have enough
practices in. The next games are here.
*The Eskimo Dance group is practicing several night a week to prepare
for the Christmas program, Camai festival, and any other opportunities
that may come up. Contact Wassiliane, Annette, Tanya, or Olinka
for more information.
- Jan. 20 & 21 w/ Napas & Napak
- Jan. 27 & 28 w/ Akiuk, Napas, & Nunap
- Feb. 3 & 4 @ Napak w/ Akiuk, Kweth
- Feb. 10 & 11 @ Nunap w/ Napas Kweth
- Feb. 17 & 18 @ Napak
- Feb. 24 & 25 League Tourney @ Nunap
Dec. 21, 2005 1:30 pm.
(Students will go home after the Christmas program)
December 22, 2005 Early release for Christmas break.
January 16, 2006 Return to school.
*The end of first semester is Jan. 16, 2006. Encourage your
students to finish up their class work this week.
* We plan on having Saturday school on the 21st and the 27th of January
while the students are having home basketball games.
*Lego robotics competition was Dec 2-4 in Bethel. They had lots
of fun and learned a lot. Congratulations to Kyle Tikiun, Miranda
Mochin, Alexie Brown, Lonny Strunk, Jennifer Tikiun, Chaperone Louise
Mochin, and Coach Stewart. The kids did well for being in
the first year of competition.
Teams from Oscarville and Kipnuk won the Bethel region tournament then
competed in the Anchorage Competition the next week. Oscarville
was invited to go the International Lego competition in Atlanta,
Georgia in March.
* We are grieved by the passing of Robert Nicholai. Our
condolences to the family.